RoboHelp can merge several independent projects into one, essentially creating a massive Help system from any number of small, independent RoboHelp projects.
Why merge projects? You might find yourself working with a team of Help authors who are working on different parts of a common project. If you create a merged project, you can import other projects into yours. When generated, the merged project will share the TOC, Index and Search panel of all of the projects.
Here's how you create a merged project:
- Ensure you have direct access to 2 or more projects
- Determine which of the projects will serve as the Master Project (the project that the other projects will be imported into)
- Open the Master Project
- Go to the TOC pane and click the New Merged Project tool
- Click the Browse button to the right of the Merged Project dialog box and open the XPJ file for your Sub Project
The Sub Project will appear on the TOC of the Master Project as a Merged Project icon. You can move the icon up or down as you see fit. When you Publish the Sub Projects and then Generate the Master Projects, the TOC entries from each Sub Project will replace the Merged Project icon.
- Open the Master Project and Generate it
- Open each Sub Project, generate and then Publish into the mergedProject folder within the Master Project's SSL folder.
If you open the Master Project and View it after publishing each of the Sub Project's, you will see that the Master Project has been merged with the Sub Projects.