There are several toolbars in RoboHelp, each with several tools. You will likely discover that some of those tools aren't where you'd like them. For instance, there are a few tools that make the process of creating links a snap. Instead of searching multiple toolbars or menus, you can create a new toolbar and add the link commands to it.
Create a New Toolbar
- Display the Customize dialog box by choosing View > Toolbars > Customize
- On the Toolbars tab, click the New button
- Type Linking Tools into the Toolbar name field
- Click OK
Your new toolbar appears in the list of Toolbars.
Keep the Customize dialog box open for the next step.
The New Toolbar dialog box appears.
Add Commands to a Toolbar
- The Customize dialog box (View > Toolbars > Customize) should be open and a new toolbar called Linking Tools should be in the list of Toolbars
- Select the Commands tab
- Scroll down the list of Categories and select the Insert category
- From the list of Commands at the right, drag the Hyperlink/Popup command over to your new Linking Tools toolbar
The only difficult part of this step is knowing where your Linking Tools toolbar is in your window. The new Linking Tools toolbar is probably the smallest toolbar since there are no tools currently on the toolbar. In the picture below, the toolbar is hiding at the far left of the window.
The Insert Hyperlink or Edit Selected Hyperlink tool should now appear on the Linking Tools toolbar.
- Ensure the Insert category is still selected
- From the list of Commands at the right, drag Text-only Popup over to the Linking Tools toolbar
The Linking Tools toolbar should look like the screen capture below (the tool on the left is the Insert Hyperlink or Edit Selected Hyperlink tool):
You could continue in this fashion, adding commands to your new toolbar as you see fit.
- Click the Close button.
Click here to learn more about Adobe RoboHelp 7.