If you open the target folder, you will find that there is just one lonely SWF file. Bam!
Fewer files, smaller SWFs, faster download times? Both of the project options above are a win-win situation... for you and your users.
Go ahead, give it a try. I think you'll find editing the RDL file to be easy and, in the long run, a real time-saver. But please, for your own sanity, please take my advice and backup the RDL file prior to making changes to the original!
Integrating Adobe Captivate More Tightly with Acrobat Connect Pro Using the New Adobe Captivate Patch
Click here to read the article.
From Ken Lash
I was forced to move to Captivate 3 because I purchased a new computer with Vista. I'm happy I did. There were some glitches in Captivate 2 that I found rather inconvenient. Occasionally, I would publish a project and then when I played the published project there were problems with the sound. Sometimes I would get a double voice with two identical narrations out of synch and playing at the same time. Other times the narration would simply stop at a slide and not come back. To fix it I needed to go back into the unpublished project, move the narration bar a little in the timeline of the slide where the narration problem began and then republish the project.
Another problem I had with captivate 2 was, after saving and closing out of an unpublished project I would sometimes get an error message when attempting to open the project back up. The error message indicated that the file was damaged and could not be opened back up. The only solution was to make backup copies of the project often so that if it did become corrupted I would not loose too much work. I've encountered none of these glitches with Captivate 3.
Another issue that I solved after much experimentation was getting rid of background noise. I found the level of background noise to be unacceptable when I first began recording. I upgraded soundcards but without solving the problem.
I did a lot of research and determined that the background noise was a result of the computer itself and the sound card being in the case surrounded by a bunch of electronics.
I purchased a microphone headset--the Sennheiser PC166 USB. This headset allows you to bypass the computer's soundcard by using an inline USB soundcard that comes with the headset. So the USB soundcard is plugged into a USB port completely outside of the computer case. This reduced the background noise to a very minimal level. It's a high quality headset that provides excellent voice as well as sound, and since the soundcard is part of the headset you can move between computers with no variation in the sound. It cost around $95 and was very well worth the price.