- From within Captivate 4, select Software Simulation from the Create Project area
- On the Record tab, select Application
- Select an area on your computer that you would like to record from the Select Application drop-down menu
- Select Custom Size from the Snap Recording Rectangle to area
- Select a size from the Size drop-down menu
- Click OK
- Click the Select Automatic Recording Mode button on the control panel
The Automatic Recording panel appears.
- Select Manual Panning from the Panning drop-down menu
- Ensure Audio is set to No Narration
- Select any one of the assessment modes (Demonstration, Training, or Custom--if you select Custom, enable Click Boxes)
- Click the Record button
Click a few times in the recording area (you should hear Captivate create some screen captures each time you click)
Right-click a few times within the capture area (and you should hear Captivate pull more screen captures)
- Carefully drag the red recording area so that the recording area is outside the current recording area
- Click your mouse a few times and you should hear Captivate pull more screen captures.
- Press [END] on your keyboard to stop the recording
- Name and save the project
- Preview the project by pressing [F4] on your keyboard.
As you interact with the simulation, notice that the right-clicking you recorded is fully supported (a brand new and much anticipated feature in Captivate 4).
In addition, the panning you recorded is also visible. Very, very cool!