A couple of weeks ago I discussed some points for working with Audio in PowerPoint; today, a bit of elaboration. What if you want to play two audio files automatically at the same time (say, for example, you want a song to play but you also want a recorded narration to play simultaneously)?
- Insert both audio clips onto the desired slide (Insert > Audio).
- Hold down [Ctrl] and select both sound icons.
- From Audio Tools > Playback locate the Audio Options area and select Automatically from the drop-down menu.
One might think that was all it took, but your work is not done.
- Choose Animations > Animation Pane.
- From the Animation Pane, select the down arrow next to each audio file and choose Start With Previous.
Both sounds will now play automatically, and at the same time.
Note: If there are additional animations on the slide, be wary about the order of the sounds on the animation pane and selecting Start With Previous. You want the sounds to be the first things listed on the animation pane, unless, of course you would like the sounds to begin after other animations.