Twisties are images you include with DHTML drop-downs and DHTML expanding texts. The twisties indicate whether a drop-down is opened or closed. This gives a visual indication to readers that they can get more information. For example:
Setting up Twisties
- Open or create a RoboHelp project.
- Go to the Project Manager pod (View > Pods > Project Manager).
- Double-click the project's style sheet to open it for editing.
- In the Styles dialog box, choose Hyperlink > Drop-down hotspot.
- Click the Set Twisties button.
- In the Select Twisties Images dialog box, browse and open the images you want to use as twisties.
- Click OK to close the Select Twisties Images dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Styles dialog box and save the edited style sheet.
And that's it. Once you have set up the twisties, they will automatically be applied to all of your project drop-downs.
Note: If you want to apply twisties to your project's expanding text and the drop-down hotspots, simply Set Twisties for the style Expanding text in your style sheet as you were shown above for the Drop-down hotspots.