- We saw a million fireflies rising from the lawn.
- We saw myriad fireflies rising from the lawn.
Notice that you would not say "a million of fireflies." Therefore you would not say "a myriad of fireflies."
I got few or zero responses to the Me, Myself, And I challenge, so I am running it again. I really did feel like the loneliest threesome on earth! (Get it? Threesome? Me, myself, I?) Don't leave me here all alone! Even if you think you answered it before, there may have been a technical glitch. (Maybe my Outlook rules ran berserk.) Here it is again:
Challenge: Me, Myself, and I
- I went to the store to buy (me/myself/I) a new shirt.
- The first shirt I tried on was too large for (me/myself/I),
- The clerk told me that another department carried shirts the right size for people such as (me/myself/I).
- I hied (me/myself/I) to that department forthwith.
- No one was happier than (me/myself/I) when I found the perfect shirt.
- (Me/Myself/I) went home and congratulated (me/myself/I) on a successfully shopping trip.
Feel free to write your answers as comments below.
Answers to the in, into, in to challenge are brought to you by Ginny Supranowitz:
- The hedgehog ran across the lawn and disappeared into the bushes.
- The fawn was so well camouflaged that it seemed to disappear as it stood there in the bushes.
- Please log in to the server to access your files.
- The kids came in to see the kittens under the kitchen sink.
- He poured some more hot coffee into his cup.