With traditional Conditional Build Expressions you choose to exclude specific content from your output. Once you generate the output, content is included or excluded from the output. If you use build tags to target multiple audiences, you have to create an output for every audience. Enter Dynamic Filters: With dynamic filters readers dynamically switch the information they want to see.
With Dynamic Filters you can create a single output where users themselves decide which content they need. You can use this to group content by user role, by module, or by locale.
Add Dynamic Filter to Output
- Tag the content in RoboHelp.
- Go to the Output tab and select your Responsive HTML5 Single Source Layout.
- Select Use Dynamic Content Filter in the output.
- Click Customize to open the Dynamic Content Filter dialog box.
- From the Define area, click Add criteria button to open theTags and Expressions dialog box. (The Add criteria button is the second icon from the left.)
- Select the tags and expressions you want to include as a filter.
- Click the OK button.
- Click Save to close the Dynamic Content Filter dialog box.
- Click Save and Generate to generate your output.