- Click the View tab and, from the Show area, select Guides. (Two guides appear on the slide by default, one vertical, the other horizontal.)
- Select Ruler from the Show area of the View tab.
Most people who use the guides need things lined up at specific measurable spots on the slide. The Ruler will help with this.
- Click and hold one of the guides. (You will see a 0.00 indicating that the guide is in the center of the slide.)
- Drag the guide one direction or the other to change its position.
- Ensure the original guide is at its starting 0.00 position.
- Press the [Ctrl] key on your keyboard and then click and hold the guide. (When you drag you will create a new guide.)
- Place the new guide wherever you would like.
Be sure to release the mouse button first and then the [Ctrl] key. If you release the [Ctrl] key first the original guide will not be duplicated but will be repositioned instead.
Note: To delete a guide, simply drag it off the slide.