I received an interesting email last week from a Captivate developer asking where imported audio was physically stored on the computer. She had edited much of the audio from within Captivate and needed to share some of the edited clips with team members in her office.
Once audio clips are imported into a Captivate project, they are embedded within the project and are not stored externally. While this might seem like a deal-breaker if you need to hand off those audio files to someone, there is a way to export the audio files.
- Choose Audio > Audio Management to open the Advanced Audio Mangement dialog box.
- From the lower left of the dialog box, select Show object level audio so that you can see all of the project's audio files (even those attached to objects on your slides).
- Select some or all of the audio files.
- Select either Include MP3 files in export or Include WAVE files in export (or both).
- Click the Export button.
- Create a folder (or open an existing folder) and click OK.
- Navigate to the folder and you'll find your audio files.