Adobe Captivate 6 introduced HTML5 output, allowing eLearning content to be interactive on mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad. By combining Captivate's and RoboHelp's HTML5 outputs, you can easily support interactivity for iPhones and iPad in your help system. Currently only RoboHelp's Multiscreen HTML5 output supports Captivate's HTML5 output. Other outputs, such as WebHelp, only support Captivate's Flash output.Embed Captivate HTML5 Content Within RoboHelp
- Publish your Captivate demo as both Flash and HTML5.
- Create or open a RoboHelp project.
- Open the topic where you want to add the demo.
- Choose Insert > Adobe Captivate Demo.
- In the Multimedia Name field, open the swf you published from Captivate.
- In the HTML5 output field, select the index.html you published from Captivate.
- Click the OK button.
By default, RoboHelp uses the Captivate Flash output when you generate the layout. To allow RoboHelp to use Captivate's HTML5 output, you need to make a small change to the Multiscreen HTML5 Single Source Layout.
- Open the Multiscreen HTML5 Layout in the Single Source Layouts Pod. (View > Pods > Single Source Layouts).
- Open the Optimization settings of your desired Screen Profile(s).
- Select Use Adobe Captivate HTML5 output.
- Click the Save button.
When you generate the Multiscreen HTML5 layout, the layout will now use Captivate's HTML5 output whenever it is available.