With the new Adobe RoboHelp 11, you can now control the headers and footers for Printed documentation with Master Pages. This allows you to control the information displayed in the headers and footers of Word and PDF documents generated by RoboHelp.
A master page is a template for your topics. You can assign a style sheet to a master page, and set up headers and footers. If you apply a master page to a topic, the topic will use the style sheet and display the header and footer. When you create printed documentation, the printed documentation can use the header and footer you set up on the master page.
To change the header and footer of a master page, follow these steps:
- Open the Project Set-up pod. (View > Pods > Project Set-up)
- Open a master page (or create a new one)
- Choose View > Header to open the header pane
- Add content to the header just as you would add content to a topic
- Choose View > Footer to open the footer pane
- Add content to the footer, just as you would add content to a topic
Once you have set up the master page, you can use the master page when generating printed documentation.
- Open the Single Source Layouts pod (View > Pods > Single Source Layouts).
- Double-click a Printed Documentation layout to open the Print Document options.
- From the Header/Footer area, select the master page you set up earlier.
- Click Save and Generate to create the printed documentation.