A few weeks ago I showed you how you can use master pages to control the headers and footers of a generated Microsoft Word document. But setting a single header and footer for your entire Word document may not be what you need. The Table of Contents may need a different header and footer than the actual content. Perhaps the even and odd pages require different headers and footers. With RoboHelp 11 you can use different master pages for different sections of your Microsoft Word output.
After you have created multiple master pages, you assign these master pages to different sections of the document:
- Open the Single Source Layouts pod (View > Pods > Single Source Layouts).
- Double-click a Printed Documentation layout to open the Print Document options.
- Click Multiple Header/Footer to open the configuration dialog box.
- Select a section in the left side of the popup.
- From the First Page drop-down menu, choose a master page.
- From the Even Pages and Odd Pages drop-down menus, choose a master page.
- Repeat these steps for all of the sections of the document.
- Click OK to return to Print Document options.
- Click Save and Generate to create a Microsoft Word document.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.