If you are sending your PowerPoint presentation off to be viewed on another system that is not yours, you may be concerned that this other system won't have the same fonts. No need to lose any sleep over what your final design will look like. If you've used TrueType fonts, you can embed them into your presentation and send them along with it.
TrueType fonts can be identified by a TT next to the font name in the font drop-down menu of PowerPoint. The fonts outlined in red below are all TrueType fonts.
Here's how to embed TrueType fonts in a PowerPoint presentation:
- From the PowerPoint ribbon, choose File > Options.
- Select the Save category at the left.
- From the Preserve fidelity when sharing this presentation: area, select (check) Embed fonts in the file.
- Choose the option under Embed fonts in the file that applies best to your situation. The first option will help keep the file size small; but if the person you are sending the presentation to will be making edits, you may need to select the second option.
- Click the OK button to close the PowerPoint Options dialog box.
Now you can rest assured that your fonts will survive the trip to another computer system.