by Jennie Ruby, COTP
- Have the students work along with you as you complete a software activity—they are applying hands-on effort.
- Ask them to show you how they did it—you are assessing their efforts.
- If you are using Adobe Connect, upload an interactive eLearning software simulation. Each student works through the simulation and gets a grade—again, the learners apply effort, and you assess their efforts.
- In GoToTraining, you can give a student control over the mouse and keyboard of your computer. Use that technique to allow a student to try out a software technique, even if they don’t have the software on their own computer. They are applying effort, and you are either guiding, or supplying feedback, on their efforts.
- Adobe Connect and GoToTraining allow you to set up a scorable quiz for your participants right in your online classroom. The learners apply effort in trying to answer the quiz questions. Then you can review the answers and reinforce their efforts.